Where to Find Event Info
How to stay up to date about events within the Carver Center community
- Sign up for the Mosaic, the Carver Center enewsletter. It describes upcoming events, volunteer opportunities, deadlines, and other important matters. Follow this link to sign up: http://bcps.us6.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=69ff4e3fa4356ae5cd0fff7da&id=aacd870fca
- Sign up for the Carver Center Foundation Opt-In Directory. This is a great way to get in touch with other students and parents. The Foundation is run by a group of volunteer parents and guardians of Carver Center students to provide support and resources to the Carver Center students and staff. Signing up for the directory will help ensure you are in the know for upcoming Carver Center Foundation events and volunteer opportunities, such as Celebration, after-prom party, and sports boosters events. Go to the Foundation homepage for a link to sign up or log in at www.myschoolanywhere.com.
- View the events calendar on the school’s website (http://carverhs.bcps.org/) by clicking on the calendar located on lower left-hand side of the Home page. Once the calendar opens up, hoover over the event to see the time and location. NOTE: Not all events are on this calendar. See the additional sources of event information below.
- To view sports competition dates, visit the carverhs.bcps.org/ webpage and click on the “Athletics” button on the right hand side or click this link: http://carverathletics.digitalsports.com/
- To view Carver Center Foundation dates, such as parent committee meeting dates, visit the Foundation website to view the Calendar at http://carvercenterfoundation.com/events/
- Carver Center’s Guidance Office has set up a Symbaloo with links to tons of information that you’ll find useful, such as the counseling office calendar, AP course descriptions, visual arts college visits, college application information, and much more. http://www.symbaloo.com/mix/gwccatschoolcounseling
- View the Carver Visual Arts Calendar at
- View Art College visits at Carver (in AP studio) at https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=lhuc6qotckh4as26d2jntfit58%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York
- The administration of Carver Center uses twitter to show what is happening in the school and also to announce scholarships and other opportunities. There are multiple ways to access these tweets:a. Visit the http://carverhs.bcps.org/ webpage and click on the Twitter button on the right-hand side. You do NOT need a Twitter account to view the tweets this way.
b. If you have a Twitter account (it’s easy and free to set one up), search “Carver Center” to find the Carver Center Twitter page and click the button that says “Follow.” You will now receive the Carver Center texts in your Twitter feed.
c. Once you “follow” Carver Center, you can click the spiked circle to the left of the FOLLOW button on Carver Center’s Twitter page to select “More User Options” and choose “Turn on Mobile Options” to receive a text every time a tweet goes out from Carver Center.